This is me

I've come to the conclusion somewhat recently that one of my greatest desires in life is that it won't be meaningless. Now what do I mean by that? I couldn't even really tell you that, it's an ever evolving thought that I only recently have come to grasp. To summarize it's current meaning to me, however, is something I can do for you, for myself.

My previous motto or meaning for life was, simply put, to live my life to the fullest without regrets so that one day I may look back and be proud of the journey I took. While I still share this dream it has changed somewhat slightly. I've come to realize that while that self assurance is all well and good, it alone will not make me happy with my years spent.

I want to live my life the way I see fit, along my own path on my own journey. I want to experience all that I can so that I may learn all that I can. I wish to regret nothing, embrace everything. And I wish to not simply fade away after my time has come with a sense of self satisfaction. I want others to learn from my time. Teach those that are lost without forcing them to see. Share my thoughts with those that would wish to hear them. From my future children to my present friends and forever strangers, I wish for anyone and everyone to be able to regard my stories as advice (with questionable reliability at worst) and learn something from me and learn of me.

I refuse to fade to nothing, depart this plane with no one to witness my absence. I will be heard, I will be remembered, I will die yet I will still live. This is my wish in life.

These stories are how I plan to make it happen.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm Sick of Sleep

  Sounds crazy I know but let me explain.  I'm sick of sleep for two reasons.

  One, I'm an Insomniac so I never get tired until 3 AM anyway and I've always been able to sleep for three hours and be fine.  Therefore I never really cared for sleep.

  And two, sleep inspires dreams and dreaming is the only medium in which I have no control as to which memories of my past come to the forefront of my subconscious.  Therefore I suffer night terrors several times a week and lately It has been happening every night.

  Now I'm not insane even though this would inspire that thought for sure.  The insomnia I've always had and the night terrors are really PTSD attacks.  I have dreams reliving things that I would die happy never remembering again and I wake up gasping (sometimes shouting) and drenched In sweat.  I honestly hate it.

  The memories that inspire the attacks are things that i've done or seen back when I was that Dark version of myself that I've referred to before.  Back when I got into street fights, knife fights, got shot at, got stabbed (twice), been held at gunpoint twice, when I was beaten within an inch of my life and when I came centimeters from killing another human being in my angered fury.  When I've seen various people shot in front of me, various gang members bones crunching under my power, and the one time I saw a ten year old's neck snapped like it was nothing all because some asshole thought the kid was annoying.  


  These are the things I see, the things that keep me up at night.  


  These are why I hate sleep











No comments:

Post a Comment