This is me

I've come to the conclusion somewhat recently that one of my greatest desires in life is that it won't be meaningless. Now what do I mean by that? I couldn't even really tell you that, it's an ever evolving thought that I only recently have come to grasp. To summarize it's current meaning to me, however, is something I can do for you, for myself.

My previous motto or meaning for life was, simply put, to live my life to the fullest without regrets so that one day I may look back and be proud of the journey I took. While I still share this dream it has changed somewhat slightly. I've come to realize that while that self assurance is all well and good, it alone will not make me happy with my years spent.

I want to live my life the way I see fit, along my own path on my own journey. I want to experience all that I can so that I may learn all that I can. I wish to regret nothing, embrace everything. And I wish to not simply fade away after my time has come with a sense of self satisfaction. I want others to learn from my time. Teach those that are lost without forcing them to see. Share my thoughts with those that would wish to hear them. From my future children to my present friends and forever strangers, I wish for anyone and everyone to be able to regard my stories as advice (with questionable reliability at worst) and learn something from me and learn of me.

I refuse to fade to nothing, depart this plane with no one to witness my absence. I will be heard, I will be remembered, I will die yet I will still live. This is my wish in life.

These stories are how I plan to make it happen.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Restart School, Replay Flow

  Basically today I'm just saying that the new semester has officially started and I am glad for the fresh start.  Already I feel better today than I ever did at all last semester.  I miss some people that have left but hopefully I'll meet more.

  Also to say that I dont know why but since Christmas break I've been refreshed into getting back into rapping alot.  I didn't really realize that I had slowed down from it lat semester until I caught the ilness full force again over break and started writing a ton and freestyling and recording unfinished versus just to test how they sound.  I've gotten back into listening to alot of underground like my man Dumbfoundead (http://www.youtube.com/user/dumbfoundead) and freestyling to random beats from youtube and what not.  So yeah, I'm getting back into the things that make life managable for me.  I guess it was needed.

Oh, and here are the pieces I've recorded so far:

This is a demo of one verse of Denial

http://soundcloud.com/blacktop4life/denial-demo


This is a demo of one verse of Proving Ground

http://soundcloud.com/blacktop4life/provingground-demo


This is a demo of one verse to a song i prolly wont finish.  Its pretty explicit so you're warned

http://soundcloud.com/blacktop4life/forgettin-all-these-haters


And this is the finished (written wise) demo of a song that I like alot that I did forever ago called Something New

http://soundcloud.com/blacktop4life/something-new

No comments:

Post a Comment